Happy New Year everyone!
This is a tulip believe it or not, that has gone passed the point of no return. But it has an elegance and crisp beauty. 2008 has now gone but there were some brilliant days to remember. Here are just five.
- a brilliant day out at RHS Wisley.
- the day my husband got a new job and all that stress disappeared.
- one of the many Wednesdays I visited Mum and put the world to rights whilst knitting.
- completing my first pair of socks. Very turquoise!
- the family day to Lincoln Cathedral when the sun shone and the stain glass windows were at their best.
- and if I am allowed an extra one(!) the day I got my digital camera!
Now it is 2009!! So along with lots of other people I am thinking of things I want to do this year. Some serious and some – well – daft!
- a ‘making’ challenge is to knit or craft a tea cosy a month!
- to spend a day at the V and A especially after March when they have a quilting exhibition.
- to visit three more Cathedrals – we have visited 42 so far over the last 25 years!
- to have more family ‘days out’ – perhaps Belvoir Castle.
- to learn how to use the softwear to edit my photos.
There are many more, like completing my first quilt, moving the garden on another step and growing things we can eat, bringing more crafts to the groups at church, and generally spending time with the people I love and care about. So 2009 is going to be a year full of crisp,elegant and beautiful things and lots of people!